There are a ton of skincare products in the world, but how do you know which ones are best for you? Having a skin care consultation with a licensed Aesthetician is certainly the first step.
There are five acids that can safely benefit your skin. ‘Acid’ may sound intimidating but really, it is your friend, if used correctly. Read on to learn more about the most tried and true skincare acids that can do wonders!
For Rough & Sun-Damaged Skin…
Use Glycolic acid! Part of the Alpha Hydroxy acid family, this acid is a water-soluble and a natural exfoliator. Glycolic acid is the smallest molecule of the all the acids on this list. This means it can deeply penetrate the skin. By lifting away the dead skin cells, this acid helps to soften lines, wrinkles and scars! It allows for new skin to grow creating an overall smoother look and feel.
- Recommended Products: Zo Skin Health Exfoliation Accelerator & SkinMedica’s AHA/BHA Cream
- Recommended Service: HydraFacial with Glycolic Peel (available in 3 strengths!)
To Stimulate Collagen…
Try retinoic acid! This is an amazing way to prevent and reverse the signs of aging. Retinoic Acid will brighten and even out skin tone and over time, reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Recommended Product: SkinMedica’s Retinol Complex 0.5 & ZO Retinol Skin Brightener
- Recommended Service: SkinMedica’s Rejuvenize Peel™
For Adding Volume…
Hyaluronic acid is the one for you! The key molecule involved in skin moisture retention is hyaluronic acid (HA). It has the unique capacity to retain water and instantly gives the appearance of smooth, plump & hydrated skin.
- Recommended Product: SkinMedica’s HA5 & Zo Firming Serum
- Recommended Service: Juvéderm
For Instant Glow…
Lactic acid is your go-to! Another acid that’s part of the AHA/BHA family, Lactic Acid is milder, so it’s ideal for sensitive or dry skin. Sourced from fruits, vegetables and milk, this acid also helps with brightening and hydration. Much like Glycolic acid, it also exfoliates and removes dead skin.
- Recommended Product: ZO Exfoliation Accelerator
- Recommended Service: ZO Stimulator Peel
Clear them up with salicylic acid! This is probably the most well-known acid on the list. It has anti-inflammatory properties and can unclog your pores. For oily and acne prone skin, it works wonders helping to minimize blemishes. However, it causes dryness so make sure to pair it with a non-comedogenic moisturizer like SkinMedica’s Dermal Repair Cream.
- Recommended Products: ZO Instant Pore Refiner & ZO Oil Control Pads
- Recommended Service: SkinMedica’s Vitalize Peel®
Schedule a Consultation
To learn more about the different types of acids, and what works best for your skin, it’s best to talk with a licensed aesthetician, like the highly trained staff at Capek Plastic Surgery. Get started today by giving us a call or filling out our online form!